Minutes of CAFA Executive Meeting

January 28, 2007


Tom Lightfoot, Mandy Cruickshank, Matt Charlton (by phone), Doug Sitter (by phone), Kirk Krack, Brent Pascall,

Call to Order

This meeting was held via conference call from Primrose Lane in Coquitlam. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. PST.

Previous Minutes

The Board approved the previous minutes


Kirk asked for addition time to prepare a budget.


> Brent has received the books and is now going through them.

Membership Cards

Kirk suggested that CAFA get members cards. PFI will supply the cards for $2 a card.


The board decided CAFA's vote on a multi-point vote currently before the AIDA Assembly.

  1. The AIDA Surface Protocol in competitions and record attempts:
    A.I would like AIDA to continue with the Surface Protocol the way it is today.
  2. If the majority of the assembly want to change the SP, this is the way I would like to have it:
    A. Remove the verbal OK only, keep the rest like it is.
  3. Should AIDA starts verifying Continental Records?
    B.  No 
  4. Should AIDA start ask for a competition fee for every athlete in every AIDA competition?
  5. If the majority of the assembly say yes in the question above, this is the way I would like to have it:
    A. 3 Euro per competition/ per athlete
  6. Would you like to see an immediately 2 years over-lap for 50% of the Executive Board?
  7. Would you like to see a minima numbers of athletes in AIDA competitions?
  8. Would you like that the organizer of AIDA WC and World Cup should have the option to choose to have 50% of the selected judges to arrive from the same continent as where the competition holds?
  9. Would you like Apnea Academy Red Sea - Sharm el Sheikh to be our host for the AIDA World Individual Championship in CWT and CNF 2007?
  10. How many competing athletes per team would you like to see at our Team World Championship?
      B. I would like AIDA to change, and have 4 competing athletes per team but only 3 of them participate in each discipline.

Action Items

Tom Lightfoot

  1. Work with Doug and Matt on development of French website
  2. Update Contact information on the website.

Matt Charlton

  1. Work with Doug and Tom on development of French website.

Doug Sitter

  1. Work with Matt and Tom on the development of the French website.

Kirk Krack

  1. Formulate a budget to be voted on by the board.


The meeting was adjourned at 9:15 pm.

Home | Contact | Recreation | Competition | Education | Admin | Members | Clubs | Photos | Videos
Rules | Bylaws | Forms | Meetings  
Updated 12 September, 2007
Rowand's Reef
Oceaner Wetsuits & Drysuits